Bible Verses About Friendship – In this post, we have covered quotations related to friends and how friends relate to love, compassion, trust, support and joy. The Holy Bible contains several verses about friendship in relation to God, Jesus Christ. Let the journey begin!
Popular quotations from Bible about friends
1. A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
2. Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
3. One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
4. Do to others as you would have them do to you.
5. Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared.
6. The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning.
7. Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.
8. Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise.
9. Where there are no oxen, the manger is empty, but from the strength of an ox come abundant harvests.
10. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
11. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
12. An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.
13. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
14. Better is open rebuke than hidden love.
15. Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses.
16. The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.
17. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
18. The wise prevail through great power, and those who have knowledge muster their strength.
19. You are my friends if you do what I command.
20. As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
Hope you enjoyed The Holy Bible verses about friendship. If you have to choose one, which one of the above was your favorite?